The fun part of this recipe is, you can take anything and make a “chili – ” of it. Chili Paneer, Chili Mushrooms, Chili Soybeans etc etc etc. Preparation of chili part is always stays the same. Now it is paneer time.
We are going to make some colorful and very spicy chili paneer. Adjust the “hot” factor according to your taste-buds.
200 gm Paneer
Bell Pepper (I used half green and half red, use anything you were able to get, other than the color factor does not change anything)
1 Medium Onion
2 Green Chilis
2 cloves of Garlic
0.5 Tbs Black pepper powder
1.5 Tbs Tomato Ketchup
0.5 Tbs Chili Sauce
(Instead of separate Tomato and Chili sauce you can always use hot-n-sweet sauce)
2 Tbs Soy Sauce
1 Tbs Corn Flour
Red Chili powder (Optional)
1 Frying Pan
1 Laddle (খুন্তি)
Couple of bowls
I use a trick to get really soft paneer, you can do this or omit if you want. One hour before I start cooking, I dice up the paneer according to need and immerse them in room temperate water with a spoonful of salt.
Or you can start with the vegetables. Roughly dice up the onion, bell-peppers and green-chili. You can add some other vegetables like carrots as well, but I was all out of carrots today.
Peel the garlic cloves and cut them into small pieces and you are all set to start cooking.
Put a frying pan or kadai on the stove and add some oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic cloves (if you are using) and lightly fry it (saute it) for a few moment (10-15 sec may be). Then add the onions. Saute them till they look a little soft. Then add all the other veggies along with the green chilies.
Fry the vegetables for couple of minutes and then add all the sauce along with salt and powdered black pepper. Saute for another minute or so then add the corn-flour and water solution. When everything looks cooked to the consistency you are going for add the paneer cubes, mix quickly and get the pan off the heat.
Your chili paneer is all ready for serving
- Cut the paneer into 1″ cubes and immerse them in salt-water solution
- Cut onion, all the veggies and garlic cloves
- Put a frying-pan or kadai on stove and add some oil
- When the oil is hot enough, add the garlic, saute it for few moments
- Add the onions and saute them till they look somewhat transparent
- Add all the other veggies and green chilies
- Add tomato and chili sauce
- Cook till vegetables reach the cooked stage you are aiming for
- Add the corn-flour solution, mix.
- Add the Paneer cubes, mix for a moment
- Take the frying pan off the heat