2 medium sized onions
2 coloured bell peppers
1 or 2 green chillies
1 clove of garlic
1 tbs corn flour
1 tbs soya sauce
1 tbs chilli-tomato sauce
50 gms of soya nuggets
0.5 tsp black pepper powder
2 tbs vegetable oil
To prep the soya nuggets, soak them in salty water for half an our and then drain the excess water out.
To make the chilli soya nuggets, cut all the vegetables in big chunks as shown in the picture below. I do not like my food very hot, that is the reason I have removed the seeds from the green chill. This will add flavour to the dish without making it unnecessarily hot. You can keep the seeds if you prefer it that way.
In a pan take a little vegetable oil and fry the garlic till they are golden brown and the aroma fill up your kitchen 🙂 . Then fry the onions till they are translucent. Add the chillies next and saute for couple of minutes.
Then add all the sauces, salt, black pepper powder, the corn flour, and if necessary a little water. Then mix everything well. Cover the lid and cook for 4 or 5 minutes in low heat. Add the soya nuggets in the pan mixed well. Cook covered for another couple of minutes in low flame.
Your chilli soya nuggets is ready to be serve with pulao or rice or roti.
- Soak the soya nuggets in salty water for half an hour. Then squeeze the extra water and keep them aside.
- Cut the onions, bell peppers and green chilli in rough chunks.
- In a frying pan add vegetable oil and fry the garlic till golden brown.
- Add the onions and fry till translucent.
- Add the bell peppers and saute for few minutes.
- Now add salt, pepper, all the sauces, corn flour and a little water. Cook covered for few minutes.
- Add the soya nuggets and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Chilli soya nuggets is ready to serve with rice or roti.